Files on MedCalc.net
The Files section lists your files on MedCalc.net.
- click the button at the left side to select the file you want to work with.
- click the button to delete the file
- click the button to download the file in Excel format
You can have 100 data files on the MedCalc.net servers. Each data file can contain up to 100 columns and 10000 rows.
Create new file
To create a new datafile, enter a name for the new file and click the Create button. The new file name will appear in the previous section.
To upload a file from your computer to MedCalc.net, click the Browse button and locate the file on your system. Next click the Upload button.
Whichever file format (Excel, CSV, etc.) you use, the data must be organized as follows:
- Each column contains the data of one variable.
- The top row contains the names of the variables. The top row should not contain numbers or other data.
- The data for every case are entered on one row.
- Do not code missing data with a number. For missing data, you just leave the corresponding cell in the spreadsheet empty.
- The Upload file feature is not supported by all devices
- When you upload a file, the file is converted into a MedCalc.net specific format. Your file is not saved in its original format on MedCalc.net.
Import example files
You can import several example files, suitable for different procedures in MedCalc.net. Select a file and next click Import.
Managing your files
If you do not longer need a file, you click the button to delete the corresponding file.
To download the file in Excel format to your computer you click the button.